oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Losi Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Major understeer (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3442)

ashleyb4 30-04-2007 06:52 PM

Major understeer
 
At the weekend at oswestry i had major understeer. Which was a bit of a pain. Im running the following setup as advised my Phil Sleigh
http://www.horizonhobby.co.uk/autoon...ts/exx4we1.jpg

So can any one sugest a way to reduce understeer. I had enought steering entering the corner but coming out of it i was really strugerling. Especially on the 2nd corner and the last. Even when i went slow i still stuggled to get it round.

A

Wraggy 30-04-2007 07:01 PM

ash whats tyres were you running ??
and from what i saw , your car was way to fast for you (sorry) but you need to slow it down .. and you also seem to have your brakes set to much.

ashleyb4 30-04-2007 07:15 PM

Its not to fast for me. Everyone will now say i will say that but honest it isnt. I was running schumacher mini spikes yellow all round. I was suffering from grip role so cut the outer edge of spikes off. That still didnt stop the grip role then i cut the inner endge off then it stopped grip rolling. But i was getting understeer before i had cut any spikes off.


A

Wraggy 30-04-2007 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyb4 (Post 36481)
But i was getting understeer before i had cut any spikes off.
A

but you were also grip rolling ???? that doesnt make any sense ash.
and sorry it was to fast....

bigred5765 30-04-2007 07:24 PM

how can you have grip roll and under steer

ashleyb4 30-04-2007 07:30 PM

I was pretty quick i reacon i could have got 12 laps there yesterday but i just suffered from silly stuff that happened as this is the first time i have driven the car off road It is having a few problems the reason for not finashing 3 races was due to the fact i didnt know that i needed to glue the steering servo horn style thing on so it doesnt jump as i havent had an issue with this before as the other places i have raced at the track has been more forgiving. Afterwards i was practising it was going ace.

A

ashleyb4 30-04-2007 07:33 PM

I solved the grip roll problem but then i had major understeer.

Im confused ive gotmy mum going on.

A

Wraggy 30-04-2007 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyb4 (Post 36494)
I solved the grip roll problem but then i had major understeer.

Im confused ive gotmy mum going on.

A

your confused!!!! so am i ...:eh?:

super__dan 30-04-2007 07:37 PM

I can't see if you were running a one way or not, if not, there's your answer!

ashleyb4 30-04-2007 07:42 PM

The motor wasnt to fast what so ever. I didnt post this post to be grilled about my driving i just had a bad weekend it just annoys me when people dont let you through when your lapping i was taken out twice by a back marker and broke my car. I know i shouldnt moan but it annoys me when i just ask nicely car 6 or what ever im coming though to lap can i have a little room. Then they just turn in on you or go all defensive cus they think your trying to overtake them. I admit the final was a technicall diffculty but round 1 and 4 were because i was taken out while trying to lap a slower car.

A

Wraggy 30-04-2007 07:59 PM

and here's me trying to help !!!!!
i tell you what i wont bother then ...
ash you may think im new at this because ive only been back 6 months but 14 years ago i had raced for 7 years or more before then and wasnt that bad if you ask certain people..

Northy 30-04-2007 08:19 PM

I guess this is called 'power on understeer' and yes, it is possible to have this and grip roll aswell. :)

G

ashleyb4 30-04-2007 08:29 PM

I know your an exsperianced racer paul and yes i do apreciate all help off everyone. And im not saying your not that good. I just dont find that motor to quick for me. I know your a very good driver by your results. And im sorry if i upset you i do apreciate your help paul your a top bloke but i just didnt find that motor to quick for me.

A

ashleyb4 30-04-2007 08:40 PM

And i do agree paul my brakes are set abit high i just wasnt sure what to set them to so i set them to stock.

A

Lew 30-04-2007 08:51 PM

May I ask, Did you try slowing down for the corners? ....

ashleyb4 30-04-2007 08:53 PM

Yes

A

ashleyb4 30-04-2007 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by super__dan (Post 36498)
I can't see if you were running a one way or not, if not, there's your answer!

IM running the one way clicker if that counts but no im not running a proper one way diff.

A

Lew 30-04-2007 08:58 PM

I use a one way clicker and its fine for steering, unless i have completely shagged front tyres, and great rears... Otherwise I have no problem... This question is directed at every1... or whatever... Will their be any differance with using a One way? to either a clicker.. or standard...?

Southwell 30-04-2007 09:10 PM

Yeah a one way gives you more turn in but only rear braking so you can kick the tail out easily.
A clicker would give you more resistance on braking so is prob more stable although i never ran the clicker so cant comment on that properly.
A diff makes the car really stable on braking and you can whack them on but the turn in wont be very electric, which i prefere.

PaulRotheram 30-04-2007 09:21 PM

Sorry to bring up the speed thing again.. it is possible for a car to be too quick and give you less steering.. if the car is quick enough to fully unload the front shocks on power then there is no weight on the front to give steering.

Try going around the corner with no throttle or breaks.. just glide and see if you have problems then. if so.. it may well be the speed. if not then somthing else needs to be changed.


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:40 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com