oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   12th & 10th On Road (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   3Racing F109 Build thread (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36575)

qatmix 27-12-2009 08:29 PM

3Racing F109 Build thread
 
I've done a build thread for the 3Racing F109 on my blog. Its a cracking car :) Its not quite Jimmy's std but hopefully it will be useful for someone

http://thercracer.blogspot.com/2009/...nd-review.html

Cheers

telboy 28-12-2009 01:57 AM

Just finished building mine for the Jan 2nd meeting at tamworth. Needs painting still, but the main build is finished.

Gonna put a 10.5 in with 1s Lipo, so need a voltage booster or something.

Then it will be complete.
Its a great kit and well worth the money.:thumbsup:

qatmix 28-12-2009 07:36 AM

I know they are a fantastic car for the price. Im running 2 cell lipo and 13t. Tamworth looks large enough to run 2 cell with 10.5;)

What colour scheme are you going for?

jhammond 28-12-2009 08:45 AM

Really nice write-up. Nice clean pictures and a good amount of detail!
:thumbsup:


Looks a decent piece of kit.




Julius.

telboy 28-12-2009 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qatmix (Post 324538)
I know they are a fantastic car for the price. Im running 2 cell lipo and 13t. Tamworth looks large enough to run 2 cell with 10.5;)

What colour scheme are you going for?

Thought 2s would be a bit too much to be honest, they don't have the downforce of a 12th car.

Colour scheme wise, I'm going for a 'non realistic' scheme of white, red and black. They're the colours that I first started doing F1 with back in 1994!! So thought I'd re-ignite my original scheme. :)

DCM 28-12-2009 08:11 PM

wish we had somewhere to race them, in South Wales!!

qatmix 29-12-2009 11:07 PM

well they are quite cheap, why dont you get a few mates together to buy them ans start racing them at a local tc club..

thats what we are doing.

terry.sc 30-12-2009 02:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by telboy (Post 324528)
Just finished building mine for the Jan 2nd meeting at tamworth.

Mine is the same and I'm sure there are plenty of others getting their first run then. I'll be running 6cell nimh with an EZRun 13T, with a 10.5 spare just in case it's needed.;)

Gone for a scale BAR Honda paint scheme on mine, hopefully finished if the stickers arrive from Japan before Saturday. Running at the same club as Qatmix we hope it will encourage more scale paint jobs from others.

Still, just in case it all goes wrong I've got a well sorted F102 as backup.:thumbsup:

I do find it weird that a 2S/13T is considered too powerful these days when my F102 ran with 6 cells and a 17 turn motor indoors 10 years ago - what did you have in the Corally!


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com