oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Associated (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Will AE make a new buggy soon? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3759)

Elliott Hopkins 21-05-2007 12:40 PM

Will AE make a new buggy soon?
 
(I know this is vaguely related to the other thread, but I typed this out this morning and think it's sufficiently different to warrant a new thread)

I hate to be the one to ask such a lame question but are there any signs of a development of the B4 chassis on the horizon? Either a B5 or a 'CR' style development of the B4?

Have we reached a plateau in terms of 2WD development? Also, would this be caused by Thunder Tiger taking over AE and Horizon buying Losi and concentrating on RTRs as I have cynically heard suggested elsewhere? Kyosho fans are now free to suggest that 2WD development isn't dead. Is it development or is it an homage to other chassis?

As parts for my 'old' car are rarely coming out the AE factory, I thought I'd get one of these B4 things. They are uglier and don't look as good on the track, but they handle better and might gloss over my novice level driving skills.

Elliott.

BenG 21-05-2007 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliott Hopkins (Post 40313)
(I know this is vaguely related to the other thread, but I typed this out this morning and think it's sufficiently different to warrant a new thread)

I hate to be the one to ask such a lame question but are there any signs of a development of the B4 chassis on the horizon? Either a B5 or a 'CR' style development of the B4?

Have we reached a plateau in terms of 2WD development? Also, would this be caused by Thunder Tiger taking over AE and Horizon buying Losi and concentrating on RTRs as I have cynically heard suggested elsewhere? Kyosho fans are now free to suggest that 2WD development isn't dead. Is it development or is it an homage to other chassis?

As parts for my 'old' car are rarely coming out the AE factory, I thought I'd get one of these B4 things. They are uglier and don't look as good on the track, but they handle better and might gloss over my novice level driving skills.

Elliott.

I think they are working on the B5 at the minute, so my LHS owner told me ;)

Nick Goodall 21-05-2007 12:57 PM

Hey Elliott,

How you doing?

I raced my B4 yesterday and loved it, turns in so much better and just feels so much more nimble and responsive compared to the B3 so i don't think you'd regret it at all.

To be honest, even if a B5 came out tomorrow there will be no shortage of B4 bits for a good 3/4 years so you'd still get your moneys worth out of the car, and they can be had very cheap now. I would expect there will be some development parts at the Worlds this year, in the past they've usually turned up with slightly revised shock towers and other geometry changes but i "doubt" there will be a whole new car yet - although i could be wrong.

I picked up my B4 for £40 and have only had to spend a few ££ on getting it race ready.

The other benefit of course is that trackside if you do break something i'd say there's a 99% chance that someone there will be able to help you, whereas like yourself i was finding that the B3 was just getting to that point where some bits would simply not be available.........

Give me a shout if you want to discuss it more, but i don't think you'd regret going down the B4 route whatever happens in the next couple of years......

andy05 21-05-2007 08:49 PM

I read somewhere that the B4 is the first production car to win back to back worlds in standard form.I wouldnt bet against it making it 3:cool:

ashleyb4 21-05-2007 09:20 PM

The b4 rules. why change it yet the bk2 coldnt beat it then losi bought out the CR which still cant beat it. There is no 2wd car on the market today that is better than the B4.

A

bigred5765 21-05-2007 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley (Post 40415)
The b4 rules. why change it yet the bk2 couldn't beat it then Losi bought out the CR which still cant beat it. There is no 2wd car on the market today that is better than the B4.

A

ash what won the euros 2wd last year, it wasn't a b4
Cr can and does quiet often
ASH YOUR WRONG AGAIN MOWWHAAAAAAAAA

_sleigh_ 21-05-2007 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleyb4 (Post 40415)
The b4 rules. why change it yet the bk2 coldnt beat it then losi bought out the CR which still cant beat it. There is no 2wd car on the market today that is better than the B4.

A

You must have been looking the other way on Sunday, as my CR didn't just beat 1 B4, it beat 9 of them in the A. :p

jimmy 21-05-2007 10:59 PM

You can't pass off your godly driving as proof of anything sleigh! :D

Elliott Hopkins 22-05-2007 01:18 AM

Hello Nick.

I'm good, thanks for asking.

Thanks for the reply. I don't have a lot to add except, we're thinknig on the same lines. If the AE sponosored drivers don't have radically new parts, then a new or updated car will be a long way off.

So 2wd is sorted? What about a 4wd for you Nick?

Elliott.

Chris Doughty 22-05-2007 06:25 AM

I think the fact its 9v1 in your race Phil, and I believe also the Euros shows the strength of the CAR.

we all know people can drive out of their skin to grab a win, but just look at the amount of B4's raced and the amount of B4's filling the A places shows how well the car works for EVERY driver

BenG 22-05-2007 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net (Post 40447)
I think the fact its 9v1 in your race Phil, and I believe also the Euros shows the strength of the CAR.

we all know people can drive out of their skin to grab a win, but just look at the amount of B4's raced and the amount of B4's filling the A places shows how well the car works for EVERY driver

Good point.

Everyone has a B4. :D I like the B4 as it suits everyone from no0bette, to pro driver (Like Mr D).

This car rocks. :D;)

_sleigh_ 22-05-2007 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoughtyUK.net (Post 40447)
I think the fact its 9v1 in your race Phil, and I believe also the Euros shows the strength of the CAR.

we all know people can drive out of their skin to grab a win, but just look at the amount of B4's raced and the amount of B4's filling the A places shows how well the car works for EVERY driver


Chris, you've just shattered all my hopes and dreams for future success :D

millzy 22-05-2007 08:59 AM

Phil, didnt Stan beat you with his b4 in leg 2? :):)

I dont think AE will have a new b4 this year, the b4 is working in the us and uk there are a few new parts around but nothing huge.

Chris Doughty 22-05-2007 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sleigh_ (Post 40453)
Chris, you've just shattered all my hopes and dreams for future success :D

always happy to help Phil :D :p

trekkerkk 22-05-2007 09:35 AM

what new parts:)

trekkker

millzy 22-05-2007 10:32 AM

well there is the white pads, plastic top shaft gear with alloy shaft blue shock bushings and other little things i think the pads and the top shaft are they one none cosmetic things i can think of

RLGfx 22-05-2007 12:30 PM

it's probably a way off yet, as they've been working on 2 big projects recently, namely the TC5 and the RC8B, both of which feature lots of carbon fibre... so lets hope the B5 will too! :)

Chris Doughty 22-05-2007 12:39 PM

I would be suprised if they don't end up with a truggy version of the RC8 too.

millzy 22-05-2007 12:54 PM

if they did a new b4 they would have a new t4 as well so thats 2 extra project on top of the 3 they have going

ashleyb4 22-05-2007 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _sleigh_ (Post 40431)
You must have been looking the other way on Sunday, as my CR didn't just beat 1 B4, it beat 9 of them in the A. :p

I dont pay attension alot.

A


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com