oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   JConcepts (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Brushless installs (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3822)

notlawnomis 24-05-2007 08:12 PM

Brushless installs
 
Just going to install a Novak brushless system into my WE and want to see how others have gone about it. Now I know there are loads of pictures on the net of brushless installs in BJ4WE's but I can't seem to find any :(. Can someone please point me in the right direction??

PaulRotheram 24-05-2007 08:26 PM

http://www.oople.com/rc/photos/york2.../NO5E0156.html

notlawnomis 24-05-2007 08:30 PM

Cheers Paul

That looks tidy, wasn't sure if I could get all the electrics on the servo side, leaving the motor on the other, but then again that might unbalance the car abit. Think I'll go with motor and speedo on the same side, looking at that.

Zipper 24-05-2007 09:48 PM

http://www.rc10b4.com/gallery/data/5...077_Small_.JPG

This is the same as my install, but I have to cut part of the shell away (as below). Do other people find they have to cut their shell to accommodate their GTB speedo?

http://gallery.myff.org/gallery/_87840/IMG_0011.jpg
Click to see full size image

I have just had a new shell sprayed and do not really want to cut into the shell. Does anyone have an install for a GTB with fan that will fit under the shell without having to cut a big hole in it?

PaulRotheram 24-05-2007 09:51 PM

dont cut the whole shell sides off, and raise the shell slightly to accomodate it.

Zipper 24-05-2007 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulRotheram (Post 41034)
dont cut the whole shell sides off, and raise the shell slightly to accomodate it.

Sorry if this sounds stupid, but what do you mean by, "don't cut the whole shell sides off"?

bigred5765 24-05-2007 09:59 PM

think he means don't cut the new shell down to the cut lines, leave them as long as you can as this will raise the shell hight

PaulRotheram 24-05-2007 10:02 PM

bingo! test fit the shell, see how much extra clearence you need then trim to what you need.
the bj4 we has loads of space.. dont let a shell spoil it :p

Zipper 24-05-2007 10:07 PM

Oh... it's already been cut out. :(


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com