oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   X-Factory (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   motor clamp (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4323)

trekkerkk 30-06-2007 05:41 PM

motor clamp
 
does anyone have any idea where to get the metal motor clamp from,
that fits the x5 thanks

trekkker

Doomanic 30-06-2007 05:47 PM

It's a Trinity item, originally designed for the XXX-S.
Discontinued about 2 years ago.

trekkerkk 30-06-2007 05:52 PM

so i take it you dont have any :(

trekkker

super__dan 30-06-2007 08:16 PM

In my opinion it's not a good idea either, it's too stiff and with a motors weight transfers too much twisting motion which as the metal clamp doesn't give can crack the chassis by the screws.

Unlike on the XX4 the stock clamps works perfectly, the motor won't move and you don't need to worry.

The X Factory clamp is actually beefed up over the equivivlent XXX-S clamp as well, honestly it's fine. Less bling though ;)

Chrislong 30-06-2007 09:11 PM

Me and Dan have both cracked chassis caused by the clamp, and using the intended plastic clamp gives no problem. I do still have the alloy one, although not sure where, but if I can find it I don't mind selling it - but really id advise to leave it off & id prefer it to go to a XXX4.

Chris

trekkerkk 01-07-2007 04:42 AM

cool thanks for the info,
best to save cracking a chassis

trekkker

Big E 01-07-2007 09:40 AM

Of course not that the new X5 squared chassis will break there.

That would have been on the old chassis, I also had one go there.

The stock one is good though Stu, I also remember people having there motors move with the ally ones as they don't grip the cam so good.

E.


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com