oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   10th Off Road Events (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Indoor 1/10th Electric Offroad Racing at Taplow (Juntion 7 M4) - Friday 30th April (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44347)

Chris-S 15-04-2010 06:48 PM

Indoor 1/10th Electric Offroad Racing at Taplow (Juntion 7 M4) - Friday 30th April
 
Date: Friday 30th April
Where: Click Here
Time: Practice from 6pm, Racing starts at 7.30pm
Format:3 rounds of qualifying and 2 finals.
Classes: 4wd, 2wd, SC10, 1/18th
Cost: £8
Power is available (bring an extension lead), you will need to bring a table and chair as well.

Track from previous meeting:
http://www.vimeo.com/10628813
http://www.vimeo.com/10628791

PM me for my mobile number if you have any other questions

hazeandfizz 16-04-2010 10:21 PM

Tyres?
 
Hi,

What tyres are you guys running (2WD B4)

Thanks.

Chris-S 16-04-2010 10:23 PM

Mini pins seem to work very well on the b44, wear is very good as well. I think I saw a few of the 2wd guys running mini pins as well, some were also running holeshots on the rear and ribs on the front.

Matt_N 17-04-2010 12:26 AM

Whats the state of the SCT class? What's the most popular motor wind and what tires are people running?

Matt

Chris-S 19-04-2010 04:31 PM

Couple of people interested so far. Beanie and Matt were both running 6.5t motors on 2s packs.

budgio 25-04-2010 03:55 PM

I,m going to try and get there this Friday.Fingers crossed i,m not working late :).

slow bob 25-04-2010 04:15 PM

Hi i was at the last race but i didnt have a buggy to use i have just bought a cougar sv could you tell me what turn motor the other 2wd guys are using as i think i have ordered the wrong one is 10.5 with 2s lipo to slow for the track ..:confused:

Smartalec 25-04-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow bob (Post 370327)
Hi i was at the last race but i didnt have a buggy to use i have just bought a cougar sv could you tell me what turn motor the other 2wd guys are using as i think i have ordered the wrong one is 10.5 with 2s lipo to slow for the track ..:confused:

Hiya, if you've raced before then the 10.5 might be a bit slow but if you've never then it will be just fine. :thumbsup:

slow bob 25-04-2010 07:48 PM

THANKS MATE :woot:

I have raced 1/18th before so i have changed my order to a 6.5 turn motor if i find it to fast i can always slow it down lol

cant wait till my new stuff arrives and get it on the track at taplow

i felt realy guitly spending £786 on an rc car and telling the gf it only cost 250 lol .. if she find out im right in the dog house ..

and i still need a ptx pinions and tyres ...:lol:

Beanie 28-04-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris-S (Post 368400)
Couple of people interested so far. Beanie and Matt were both running 6.5t motors on 2s packs.

Nope, I have a 10.5 in my SC10 currently, seems to be about right i think...

frogger 28-04-2010 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slow bob (Post 370432)
THANKS MATE :woot:
i felt realy guitly spending £786 on an rc car and telling the gf it only cost 250 lol .. if she find out im right in the dog house ..

and i still need a ptx pinions and tyres ...:lol:

I've just spent £522 on tyres! The only positive thing about that is even if I tell her they cost that much she won't believe me. :lol: Not even I could believe the bill when I saw it! :o

slow bob 28-04-2010 10:54 AM

LMAO :woot:

how does anyone have 522 quid to spend on tyres ???

i still think you are a some sort of secret agent or diamond smuggler carl :cool:

Smartalec 28-04-2010 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frogger (Post 371455)
I've just spent £522 on tyres! The only positive thing about that is even if I tell her they cost that much she won't believe me. :lol: Not even I could believe the bill when I saw it! :o

Does that mean you're going to be at Taplow this Friday with your buggies Carl? ........... you've obviously got plenty of tyres :thumbsup:

frogger 28-04-2010 11:54 PM

Alec you'll be surprised to hear I bought Darren's CAT SX off him on Monday night for my boy. :thumbsup: At the moment I have no 10th buggies for myself yet and if Schumacher finally decides to ship the damn things then yes I would love to come and race them at Taplow!

I could bring the Shark but this Sat is open day at Wycombe starting at 11am till late and there is no way the wife will let me race Friday night and all Saturday!

When is the next Taplow meeting? :eh?:

slow bob 29-04-2010 10:13 AM

I think they normaly do one meet every 2 weeks on the friday :thumbsup:

i wont be attending this one as i still have no sv to use ..

Chris-S 29-04-2010 11:28 AM

Postcode of the venue is SL6 0LX. The car park for the racing is opposite maypole road, there are two large swing gates and a new looking buiding behind the gates. My number is 07703838803 if you need help finiding the site. I'll put up a sign outside the gates.

Welshy40 29-04-2010 08:24 PM

Im there this friday. My car brakes arent what they used to be but they work so i will get there. Ive got my zxs ready and moved the weight balance to better its jumping characteristics. Game on.

Smartalec 29-04-2010 09:32 PM

Me and Lew will be there and a few of the lads from PDA will be making their first trip too :thumbsup:

Beanie 29-04-2010 09:50 PM

Quick ask, does anyone who is going to Taplow tomorrow perhaps have A lower servo saver arm for a B4/SC10 ?:(

Broke this on my SC10 and won't get chance to get another in time for tomorrow night, anyone got one I can use and then replace?

Cheers:)

hazeandfizz 30-04-2010 02:35 PM

Servo Arm.
 
Beanie,

I'm making my first trip to your club tonight with a few other guys who race at PDA, I have a new in packet servo saver assy.

Cheers,
James. (Bloke with a white/checked B4 and white/yellow T4)

P.S RC10 T4 for sale if anyone interested.


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:51 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com