oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   1/18th & Micro stuff (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Tires for slippy floor? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54628)

Conrad 29-09-2010 09:22 PM

Tires for slippy floor?
 
Simple enough, something as good as Schumacher yellow mini spikes but in a smaller form for 1/18th sized wheels that will work on varnished wood flooring. What do you recommend?

mrspeedy 29-09-2010 09:39 PM

Its never simple :)

If you want tyres for the small 18th wheels then Losi street meats are the hot ticket, they come in wide and narrow versions and fit RC18 etc wheels ...

if you want them to fit TC wheels then Schumacher white rally blocks are the biz :thumbsup:

HTH :thumbsup:

Matisse 30-09-2010 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrspeedy (Post 418662)
Its never simple :)

If you want tyres for the small 18th wheels then Losi street meats are the hot ticket, they come in wide and narrow versions and fit RC18 etc wheels ...

if you want them to fit TC wheels then Schumacher white rally blocks are the biz :thumbsup:

HTH :thumbsup:

yeah man, those are the tyres for sure.

plus they make my car sound like and angry locust with all of the tyre squeal!!!

Conrad 30-09-2010 03:43 PM

So street meats on the slippy floor? There's a surprise as I've always found spikes to be the best on slippy floor rather than blocks in all other classes I've raced slippy on before...

I know the wide's are the correct size for rc18t wheels but how wide are the narrow versions on the tire? If they were the same width as rc18r wheels that would save me buying the wider stub axles.

Has anyone tried any of the spiked yeah racing tires?

Matisse 30-09-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conrad (Post 418914)
So street meats on the slippy floor? There's a surprise as I've always found spikes to be the best on slippy floor rather than blocks in all other classes I've raced slippy on before...


believe me, the tyres are plenty grippy!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conrad (Post 418914)
I know the wide's are the correct size for rc18t wheels but how wide are the narrow versions on the tire? If they were the same width as rc18r wheels that would save me buying the wider stub axles.

the narrow fronts are the same width as the rc18b front rims, they are from the losi mini slider. can't help any more than that i'm afraid

Quote:

Originally Posted by Conrad (Post 418914)
Has anyone tried any of the spiked yeah racing tires?

yeah, i found the rubber compounds to bee too hard to get any decent grip.

metalmickey0 30-09-2010 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matisse (Post 418749)
yeah man, those are the tyres for sure.

plus they make my car sound like and angry locust with all of the tyre squeal!!!

I was thinking of bringing my insect spray next time for you Mat. :p. Didnt alf turn well with em on tho. Almost too much

Conrad 01-10-2010 01:10 PM

Thanks Matisse, the AE manuals do list the buggy and r wheels as narrow so I have to assume they are the same width with just the offset of the wheel different between them to allow for the difference in stub axles. Guess I'll just have to order them and see if they fit ;)


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com