![]() |
New Mad Rat Problems
Hi, I have just got home with a new in box brushless Mad Rat. Lucky me!!!!!
I have coupled up the battery and turned it all on. It will only creep forwards but fly backwards. Its as if the something is wired the wrong way but this was from box so dont want to mess without advice, any help greatfully received:cry: |
It sounds like the speed controller isn't setup yet (I.e. It knows where 100% throttle, brake, and neutral are for your radio).
Follow the instructions for resetting the ESC - it usually involves turning it on with a button pressed, then using the throttle control when certain LEDs flash. |
i agree that needs to be done but it doesnt come with any instructions to set up which isnt helpful
should i keep the wires as they were and trust ansmann got it right and it will correct itself? |
Swapping wires only changes direction, it won't calibrate your esc to your radio. Look for a manual on the Ansmann website. If no joy, post a pic of the ESC here, it's likely a rebadge of one we know.
|
1 Attachment(s)
Right, here is a picture of the offender
|
|
Looks like an Mtroniks esc. This is likely a near relative, try the setup instructions for this:
http://www.mtroniks.net/details1.asp...19/G2Sport.htm |
Thanks for both your help, it doesnt brake at all and there is no button on the esc, think I will take it to a model shop tomorrow and ask the man there.
All is ok other than the brake |
thanks to all who tried to help, I went to mcr today and after a bit of head scratching it was whizzing round the car park and more importantly braking!!!!
|
| All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42 AM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com