oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Bury Metro (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   weight?? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60428)

BillyB 06-01-2011 12:28 PM

weight??
 
Hi peeps built my B44 and was wondering will a rude bits brass lipo tray do for weight or will a need more weight??? :bored:

Si Coe 06-01-2011 02:17 PM

Depends entirely on how heavy your Lipos are. Rob IIRC doesn't run any in his B44. but he is using some very heavy cells.
The reason the weights are needed is the car was designed for the mass of 6 sub C NiMH cells, and most lipo packs are much lighter than this. You really only need enough weight to make up the difference.

Whiskers 06-01-2011 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillyB (Post 449339)
Hi peeps built my B44 and was wondering will a rude bits brass lipo tray do for weight or will a need more weight??? :bored:

I'm using a brass lipo tray and the brass under lipo weights as well. I also have some brass straps but don't use them

captainlip 06-01-2011 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskers (Post 449407)
I'm using a brass lipo tray and the brass under lipo weights as well. I also have some brass straps but don't use them


aah but you dont know yet wether your better with or without the weights :lol:

Whiskers 06-01-2011 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captainlip (Post 449469)
aah but you dont know yet wether your better with or without the weights :lol:

Very true but it did seem very good last night!

Chris B 06-01-2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whiskers (Post 449478)
Very true but it did seem very good last night!

I take it yoi like your new car then? I have to ask cos you seem to be running mostly the same kit as me now.

Whiskers 06-01-2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris B (Post 449535)
I take it yoi like your new car then? I have to ask cos you seem to be running mostly the same kit as me now.

It's great! Just waiting for my new transmitter and I'll be all sorted! :thumbsup:

captainlip 06-01-2011 08:23 PM

baaah couldnt keep up with me though :lol:

Whiskers 06-01-2011 08:53 PM

Well I wasn't putting all the power down coz the brakes on the esc were not setup right and i didn't like the look of the wall at the end of the straight!

BillyB 08-01-2011 02:38 PM

orca
 
ave gone for the orca pro kit esc/motor 5.5t/battery which will arrive next week to be put in the b44, anybody know owt about em?? there pretty new to the scene a little like me suppose cheers for the feed back about the weight peeps!!!

Whiskers 08-01-2011 03:02 PM

The orca systems do look very good and I think they are based on Speed Passion stuff which are very good. I think your best using a 19 or maybe an 18 tooth pinion with that motor or else it will be too fast!

BillyB 08-01-2011 05:30 PM

cheers whiskers!!!


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com