![]() |
Newbie of sorts
Is it ok just to pop into Coney Green and spectate - need to get Lazer up and running propely before I consider racing as my last race was errrrrr well, sometime in the mid eighties?
Also, what time do doors open and what tyres are recommended? Car is bog std zx5, not fs/fs2 if that makes a difference. Seen posts about new outdoor track, is this going to be at same location as existing outdoor or somewhere new? Oh and no, the banter in other threads hasn't put me off and I'll be bringing my 5yo son along to watch |
Yellow mini spikes are what most of us prefer. Booking in from 10am doors open at 9 for set up.you can turn up and watch or race your first race with us is free
Buds |
Howdo bud just got back into it myself since my stop in 1990 and bury club is the bees knees and yep the banter is all good!! :thumbsup:
|
Howdoo
Another sort of newbie here ,I raced electric for the 1st time about a month or so ago and found bury to be very friendly and relaxed (believe it or not) place to play with my toy car:-) |
Thanks for the info, hopefully pop along to one of the next few events. Might even bring the Lazer along for a laugh, though I suspect others in my heat might not be laughing quite as much as me.....
|
I wouldn't be so sure. I was marshalling the bottom heat last weekend and some of the driving is a little 'random' to put it mildly.
If you've raced before you will at least have learnt that you sometimes need to slow down for corners, giving you an advantage over some people! |
Yeh If you don't slow down for corners/jumps - you can end up on the wrong side of the track - even hitting other cars head on
Eh buds? Quote:
|
Quote:
A freak like you comes out of the darkness with wood in hand wierdo!!! |
Quote:
But, to clarify, I was about 14, which was 26 years ago and it was a standard chain driven Optima with a Demon 19x2 motor.... Consider yourself warned, but work commitments mean I won't be there for a while anyway, so you are all safe for a while...:D |
| All times are GMT. The time now is 12:28 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com