![]() |
Go-tech racing - 3 port engine
What's this gonna be like,
http://i11.ebayimg.com/05/i/000/c1/87/241c_1.JPG Im looking for an engine that will be be easy to look after & run, not bothered about balls-out power. I really want the equivalent of at 12 or 14 turn motor in a 1:10th car. |
Stu, its really hard to compare the classes like for like, the engines are less linear if you know what i mean. Its hard to be smooth like a can with elec
the GO engines are ok from what i have heard but need a piston and liner every 3 gallon max. |
dont know anything about it other than it will go "suck squeeze bang blow"
what car are you putting it in? |
I understand, it's a power curve.
If engines could be classed for performace 1 to 5, I'm looking for a 3. Would that be a better guide? |
Quote:
Losi. |
if you want a middle of the road, go for a 5port, not as powerfull as a full balls out, but faster than an RTR .21
|
from talking to a few people the go is a good clubmans engine, the tolerances are not as good as the top engines, but you are talking about a £120 vs a £230
You do get what you pay for, my Go was fine when I used it but they take some running in, pretty sure mine is still tight after a gallon and a half of fuel. I had a second hand NovaRossi P5 and that thing was and is very reliable, only problem is I don't know how much running it had done when I had it. Not heard about having a piston and liner every 3 gallons? |
Quote:
tho 2 strokes suck and compress, then bang and blow does it have to be a (presume) 21 or can you run bigger? jp mentions running in, take your time, if they do take allot of running in dont rush it |
Quote:
|
Sorry,but even the Go-3port is well in excess of a 12-14T motor in 1/10th.If it is capable of propelling a 3.5kg truggy at speeds of up to 45mph off-road, then I would say that it was closer to a 7 or 8T motor.They may be cheap to buy,but they are cracking engines.I own 2 of the .21-5 ports and use them in a Kyosho Inferno 7.5 US sport & a HB LSP(2) truggy.Run times in both-in excess of 9 mins/tank.
|
stu for £40 more go for the rb 5 port i run one and its the bussiness great on fuel easy to run-in and set, plus very good power
|
Quote:
|
| All times are GMT. The time now is 05:52 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com