oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   Team Losi Racing (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Rear HRC/LRC Blocks for a 22 "Anti Squat" (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70153)

501x_NewUser 11-05-2011 01:17 AM

Rear HRC/LRC Blocks for a 22 "Anti Squat"

Hi, sorry if this is already mentioned else where. I also know this is a dumb question that I should know, but I don't and want to make sure before I mess it up :)

I am looking at some 22 setups and I see the Anti Squat listed in the setup sheets for the Rear of the buggy.

Does this anti squat degree, mean the degree of the spacer under the HRC block + the degree of the piece that goes inside the HRC block? I notice that both have listed degrees on them. Or does this mean if I want 2.5 degrees anti squat I would have to use the 2.5 degree one in both cases so they match up? or does that add up to 5 degrees?

Anyway any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

moleman 11-05-2011 04:20 AM

You'd get 2.5deg anti squat with both mounted.
They're intended as a matching pair.

reg 11-05-2011 06:26 AM

i think the insert is just to keep the gear box level and the shim is what gives you the anti squat

DCM 11-05-2011 06:47 AM

The HRC block is at the rear and requires no spacing, the anti-squat spacers all work on the front block, the shims go underneath and the spacer inside the block.

TonyM 11-05-2011 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moleman (Post 500530)
You'd get 2.5deg anti squat with both mounted.
They're intended as a matching pair.

I'm just waiting for my HRC shim kit. So just to be absolutely clear - if I'm going to use a 4 degree HRC block then I also shim the front block 4 degrees to suit?

danharding 11-05-2011 09:06 AM

No.
4 deg on the HRC block means that it gives you 4 deg toe in on the rear wheels.
All the shim kit is for is to raise the front block up and down to give you your desired anti squat, the spacer under neath does this and the spacer above is to keep the gearbox level. HTH

TonyM 11-05-2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danharding (Post 500600)
No.
4 deg on the HRC block means that it gives you 4 deg toe in on the rear wheels.
All the shim kit is for is to raise the front block up and down to give you your desired anti squat, the spacer under neath does this and the spacer above is to keep the gearbox level. HTH

Now I know I was being stupid. I guess I was tying the two together because you need the HRC shim kit if you use a HRC rear block.

Wacker 2 11-05-2011 01:46 PM

Just to add in that you only need to use the specific degree insert inside the front block if you are running mid motor configeration.

If you are running rear motor you will not need to worry about using the propper insert as you will just run the insert that you can screw into... and then just adjust it using the shims like you would have done with B4's of old!

Ta, Jon!

501x_NewUser 13-05-2011 03:36 AM

Thanks everyone

fastinfastout 14-05-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 501x_NewUser (Post 500519)
Hi, sorry if this is already mentioned else where. I also know this is a dumb question that I should know, but I don't and want to make sure before I mess it up :)

I am looking at some 22 setups and I see the Anti Squat listed in the setup sheets for the Rear of the buggy.

Does this anti squat degree, mean the degree of the spacer under the HRC block + the degree of the piece that goes inside the HRC block? I notice that both have listed degrees on them. Or does this mean if I want 2.5 degrees anti squat I would have to use the 2.5 degree one in both cases so they match up? or does that add up to 5 degrees?

Anyway any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks ahead of time.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wacker 2 (Post 500696)
Just to add in that you only need to use the specific degree insert inside the front block if you are running mid motor configeration.

If you are running rear motor you will not need to worry about using the propper insert as you will just run the insert that you can screw into... and then just adjust it using the shims like you would have done with B4's of old!

Ta, Jon!

it only took 7 replies for the correct one lol