oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Pics from today. (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=713)

Stu 18-06-2006 04:55 PM

Pics from today.
 
Pics from NW regional today are up on northernracer now, my roast chicken dinner is ready now, perfect timing.

Jimmy, can't wait to see spoon related nonsense from Castle Howard.

jimmy 18-06-2006 05:10 PM

haha, ace pics mate. The one of byrom downing some carling is my fave.:p

Dint go to castle in the end :( was up till 4am pi$$ing about with the bj4 and stuff. Been finishing it off and building the X10 also. Wanted to go :(

footey 18-06-2006 05:58 PM

whats the site for the pics on northenracer as google wont find it

Stu 18-06-2006 05:58 PM

northernracer.com - are you missing the missing the middle 'r'?

Jimmy, shame, I was looking forward to seeing what occurred.

My roast chicken dinner was excellent.

PaulRotheram 18-06-2006 05:59 PM

in his signature footey, click the link.

nice pics stu :)

Stu 18-06-2006 06:11 PM

I've added the updated results now also.

Thanks (as always) to Eric for doing the scores.

Pete was my drinking buddy today, Mr W has gone to see Take-That, probably watchin' the show right now.

PaulRotheram 18-06-2006 06:15 PM

mad, im second. at least for a while anyway.

can we just call off the other rounds? mwhaha :D

Northy 18-06-2006 07:04 PM

Julie took some pictures with our crappy camera. Here you go:

Track:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...y/P1010462.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...y/P1010461.jpg

Me (just):

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...y/P1010463.jpg

Andy running my helmet in the A main:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...y/P1010459.jpg

Me running my "boiler suit" in the A main:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2.../P10104602.jpg

A final:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...y/P1010458.jpg

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...y/P1010457.jpg

Stu 18-06-2006 07:10 PM

Andy is the King in the helmet, should do something similar at Batley, think of the most unsuitable item to wear.

http://www.northernracer.com/1.jpg

Northy 18-06-2006 07:14 PM

He also raced my TRX-1!!

Tom raced it earlier in the day with a 7x2 in it, did 3 laps I think till the speedo melted! :o

G

Cockerill 18-06-2006 07:53 PM

That was awesome. Just sat on the ramp flat out wheel spinning and not going anywhere.

I think we should make a new bespoke part for it at every meeting. We now have two front wishbones.

Helmet and boiler suit were used as motorsport is very dangerous :o

Pity no-one got photos of G's great driving or Andy playing with the Hay Bails (sorry STRAW :D )

notlawnomis 18-06-2006 08:57 PM

Great meeting, thought the track was great today, hope it becomes an annual event.

I've just had a look my 3 run old checkpoint motor, after the speedo "blowing" in the "final of finals" and it appears the plastic bearing support that houses the endbell bearing has melted, and the arm also seems firmly attached to the partially ceased bearing. So i'm not sure if the motor has taken the speedo out or the heat from the speedo has melted the bearing support, causing the bearing to become partially ceased.

I'd send the motor back to be checked out, but it stinks of the blown speedo, so two guesses what they'd conclude!!

anyway many thanks and hope plenty money was raised for the air ambulance.

Simon

Cockerill 18-06-2006 09:11 PM

I would suggest that the speedo blowing will have damaged the motor, becasue when the speedo blows, it shorts out, just like connecting the motor across a battery pack.

Northy 18-06-2006 10:00 PM

£187 raised for the Air Ambulance. Good stuff people! :D

Pity about the weather today, but we were lucky, about a mile down the road it was much much wetter. The kit car was a little squirmy! :o

Are you refering to my sideways skills in the field Tom? :D

G

Cockerill 19-06-2006 06:17 AM

Certainly Am!!:p

BenG 19-06-2006 06:26 AM

Northern racer, is that a spoon on the track in this picture?
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/northernracer1/burynw/26.htm
near the bottom:confused:

P_B 19-06-2006 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimmy
haha, ace pics mate. The one of byrom downing some carling is my fave.:p

I don't usually partake of a Sunday afternoon, but it was a generous donation from Stu and I was driving nothing more dangerous than an RC car all day so...
Anyway, it's not like I make a habit of it. Good pics Stu, and it was a laugh in the pits too.

Well done also to those who organised and supported the Castle Howard meeting, looks like a great day out.

PaulRotheram 19-06-2006 11:57 AM

Stu, Eric has made a few mistakes on the results, he has fixed them now and has updated them on the southport website.

Stu 19-06-2006 04:09 PM

Ok Paul, I'll bring them into line.

I suspect the use of used greens was more than the good side of a fair swap for a tinny.

Yes, it is a spoon. I tried to hide it off screen to see if anyone spotted it, you get the prize.

One of the pics (No12) is a mid-motor XXX, I didn't actually spot it on the day, just when reviewing pictures last night. Would have taken some more had I spotted it on the day.

PaulRotheram 19-06-2006 04:20 PM

i also saw it stu, i saw it up close too, with the shell off and didnt have my camera with me :(

maybe next time.


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com