oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   1/8th ELECTRIC Off Road (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=74)
-   -   How many Cells with Mambo monster combo? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79389)

matt1981g 01-09-2011 12:12 PM

How many Cells with Mambo monster combo?
 
Like I said with the mambo combo 2200Kv what would the optimum cell configuration be? I have a Ansmann Deuce with 2 Lipo slots what should i bee looking for?
  1. 2X2 cell in series
  2. 2X3 cell in parallel
  3. 2x4 cell in parallel
and what sort of Mah should I look for? with what C rating

Andy P 01-09-2011 07:44 PM

The first question is:

bashing or racing?

bashing i would go all out that system will take 6s (6 cells in series) this will almost be undrivable racing although i have seen it done

racing 4s (4 cells in series).

C rating will depend on battery capacity. As this is the max discharge rate supported by the battery and your setup can take 150A i would aim for around 150A so say you go for a 4000mah bat you would want to aim for 35C plus battery pack. Discharge rate = C rating x Battery capacity.

As far as capacity goes 4000mah gives me about 10 to 12 mins racing.

matt1981g 02-09-2011 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy P (Post 548006)

racing 4s (4 cells in series).

would 4 cells in series not supply 28v? or am I being very thick?:confused:

I now get the whole c and Mah now so I will start to look for some lipo's:)
5000Mah 30c as this is 150A
4000Mah 35c as this is 140A

Is there a place were everyone gets Lipo's from ? and what are the cheap and Nastys on eBay like? or should I just pay for some from a big brand?
I looked on Hobby king they seem good prices but a large cost for shipping to the UK?

Andy P 02-09-2011 05:54 PM

1 Lipo cell is 3.7v nominal 4.2v fully charged so you are looking for a max voltage of 16.8v

so a 7.4v battery back is 2 cells.

Good supply of cheap good lipos is hobbyking 'Turnigy' I use these they have been fine.


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com