oOple.com Forums

oOple.com Forums (http://www.oople.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Race Chat (http://www.oople.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Rear mini pin bead - trim? (http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88738)

mikeyscott 23-12-2011 07:16 PM

Rear mini pin bead - trim?
 
I gather a number of people trim the bead on their tyres - How much do people trim?

Jamie.T 23-12-2011 07:22 PM

On nearly all 4wd cars I've owned i trim 1 inner and 2 outer rows on the front, never felt the need to trim the rear tyres.

mikeyscott 23-12-2011 07:25 PM

Hi Jamie,

I'm refering to the inner bead, not spikes and so forth.

PaulUpton 23-12-2011 07:29 PM

Had someone mentin this too me. Looked and there was no bead on the inside

mikeyscott 23-12-2011 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulUpton (Post 598447)
Had someone mentin this too me. Looked and there was no bead on the inside

on the inside edge.

essentially do people trim the tyres for a better fit?

PaulUpton 23-12-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyscott (Post 598448)
on the inside edge.

essentially do people trim the tyres for a better fit?


There was no bead on the inside of my rear pins I looked at mikey

mikeyscott 23-12-2011 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulUpton (Post 598449)
There was no bead on the inside of my rear pins I looked at mikey

ok never mind - tah

Chris Green 23-12-2011 07:34 PM

Mikey,

Are you on about the bead on the inside of the tyre, where it glues onto the rim?

I've noticed that sometimes it needs a trim where the moulding is too wide to seat properly.

mikeyscott 23-12-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Green (Post 598452)
Mikey,

Are you on about the bead on the inside of the tyre, where it glues onto the rim?

I've noticed that sometimes it needs a trim where the moulding is too wide to seat properly.

yes :)

Jamie.T 23-12-2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikeyscott (Post 598446)
Hi Jamie,

I'm refering to the inner bead, not spikes and so forth.

Ah right, I got you.

In the past I have dremelled a bead down so it sits better on the rim, but since using Tamiya rims and sometimes Durango I've never had any trouble.

mark christopher 23-12-2011 08:56 PM

i do it for associated 2wd fronts, turn tyre inside out and cut the bead in half

mikeyscott 23-12-2011 09:11 PM

Ok to expand, what other tyres are people cutting the bead on?

Andyp 23-12-2011 09:20 PM

Hey Mikey, i kinda get the jist of what you are on about,

i only seemed to have the problem with Ae wheels as mark said, the only tyres i have tried are dboots and various schuey tho, only really use durango wheels lately so not had to trim for them

i wasnt sure if it had something to do with ae being imperial??

What wheels are you having to trim for ?

mikeyscott 23-12-2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyp (Post 598484)
Hey Mikey, i kinda get the jist of what you are on about,

i only seemed to have the problem with Ae wheels as mark said, the only tyres i have tried are dboots and various schuey tho, only really use durango wheels lately so not had to trim for them

i wasnt sure if it had something to do with ae being imperial??

What wheels are you having to trim for ?

I'm not trimming myself yet, but have seen various people trimming recently at trackside. TRF511 and DEX210 have been the main two I've seen

simoncrabb 23-12-2011 09:46 PM

It entirely depends on the wheels used. Some wheels 'bead groove' is a lot wide than others.

Schumacher wheels seem to be the widest groove, which would make sense - they match the Schumacher tyres.

Check the particular tyre and wheel combo for fitment and trim to suit if necessary.

MattW 24-12-2011 10:42 AM

Simon has it spot on, it's not a measure that you can say you need to do - it all depends on how the tyre and the wheel fit each other - or rather by how much they don't fit!


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:41 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com