![]() |
Changing a One Way bearing
How on earth do you remove the one-way bearings in the Losi made one-way diff?
I have removed the damaged plastic centre that holds the tiny rollers but the metal outer part of the bearing is not co-operating with my efforts of trying to remove it! Can anyone advise of a way to remove this without damaging the other components of the diff? |
Pw has a tool to do it! you can get them out with a wrench though you just need to find one the right size mate then press it out!
|
Use a 4-40 screw and nut, and a socket (the socket needs to be big enough for the bearing to slide into). You can then tighten the screw and nut to press the bearing out. You may need a washer under the screw head that just fits inside the plastic casing. does that make sense?:confused:
|
Thanks for the quick responces guys, Dodd... PW I take it is Paul Worsley?
Kev, can you elaborate a bit more on how to do it? I think I know what you mean but from which side would you do it and also will it matter now just the metal outer part of it is left? |
right... its been a while since i've done it and i don't have one to hand for reference so this is the best i can do (i think its right)....
This is the order that i think you want to assemble it
I think you will be ok with the internals missing in the bearing but it may just be a case of find the right size washer. Any better? need a picture really but hopefully you can get the idea. |
| All times are GMT. The time now is 02:58 PM. |
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
oOple.com