View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009
Mad Member

Send a message via Yahoo to matdodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
hahahahahahaa
is that a joke? I guess it is but just in case anyone actually thinks such a thing - script kiddies download scripts which look for weakness in any server, in fact they don't target one server but thousands, to deface it with their 'tag'.
If any popular forum for example looks at their log files - its scary the number (hundreds A DAY) of attacks which come in. All these attacks are targeting weaknesses which simply dont exist if you are on the ball and have up to date software etc.
I went from spending around 4 ukp per month (up to and including the worlds 2007) on my hosting. I now spend 60ukp per month, I backup the databases every night (automatically) and have spent a fair bit on software. I was actually running 1 dedicated and one virtual dedicated server concurrently for 6 months to ensure I didn't have any problems, which was around 600 quid.
I've had help from the network guy at work to plug any holes and make sure the forum won't go down.

As for 'al quacko' - just a bored kid thinking he's all 'the man' because he runs a script and displays his 'bad artwork'. Can call himself a nazi pony molestor for all I care, he's still a dick without a girlfriend.
Your a Legend Jimmy