Note that changing VLA changes your suspension feel completely. So just changing VLA without adjusting springs, oil and prob pistons will not let you test the VLA itsself!
So in fact it is very hard to really test this.
From my days of running the normal CR, I remember that I used to run long VLA front and rear on high grip, and short VLA front and rear on low grip (dirt). The short VLA made the car feel as if it were on rails, I liked that a lot more on dirt!
In the end I also ran short VLA rear on astro or carpet, to get more rotation in the car. With the mid motor now, maybe this will not be needed anymore.
Gonna try the short VLA on a dirt track one time, and if it's not drastically better, and the long VLA also feels ok, I will simply stick to long VLA always, as you can go crazy over these kind of setup options :-) For me it would be better if losi would have never came up with something like this :-D
And indeed, time for some better weather so we can start scraping that shiny CF chassis on outdoor tracks!!!
|