Thread: Entry fees
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2010

Quote:
What i did say is if you want it changed turn up and be counted, its already been pointed out to that if there is going to be a majority turn out of nitro drivers at any AGM then its going to favour them
Which is exactly why pricings and the like should be discussed at club level then the findings presented by the club's WRCA representative to the WRCA AGM then one club one vote sorts the decision.... that way decisions can't be manipulated simply by turning out mob-handed. Probably 70% of all club members choose not to be active in the organizational side of r/c so these small meetings can be swayed by a very small group who want everyone to do just what they want with little consideration for the rest. When it happens (which it does) the vast majority are presented with a 'like it or lump it' situation. Many of these will not stand up and fight their corner... so they drift away and the overall number of racers falls. That sounds to me very much like what has happened in the Welsh region over recent years.

As the numbers reduce so the divide between classes grows.

Quote:
And just one more point i would like to make is nitro is the future and savior of this sport, its a much more spectator friendly thing due to the sheer spectical of the sport.
.... until someone 6 miles away makes a nuisance report about faint buzzing when they are trying to relax in their garden on a Sunday afternoon and suddenly a noise abatement order is served and it all has to stop. The intolerance of today's society is such that unless you are 20 miles away in any direction from another human being then there is a good chance of a complaint.

Nitros have plugged a gap left by a drop off in electric runners but their rise will also be their downfall because of the noise issues associated with them. There is no level of noise that can not be classified as a nuisance.

To my mind r/c racing is about the challenge of you against the clock and other drivers.... it is a sport of participation. You race other drivers you don't drive for a crowd!!!