View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011
Mad Member

Congratulations to Derek McCloskey (Schumacher Cougar SV) for winning the first 2wd round of the Irish Nationals (Modified section). Derek won in style as top qualifier and winning both A Finals to secure the maximum points tally on what has to the filthiest, wettest, muckiest meeting that I have been at in years. The Cougar SV proved to be a very good car in these conditions with the motor almost over the rear axle giving Derek great traction and balance. Well done Derek!

William White (TLR 22) was second having battled hard in qualifying to set the fastest time when the track was damp. However, as the conditions worsened the Losi, in mid-motor guise, became more and more uncompetitive and probably would have faired better in rear-motor configuration.

Michael Bolger (AE B4.1) was third overall after qualifying 5th on the grid. As the conditions worsened the performance difference between mid and rear motored cars seemed to close and reverse, giving Mick the upper hand in wetter conditions.

The Clubman section of the meeting was won by Michael O'Leary (AE B4.1) - more clubman details when I get the results up.

*** Just a quick note to thank all of the drivers who travelled down from the North to race. It was a miserable day, but I hope that you all enjoyed it and hope that you will come to the next round in August - hopefully in dryer conditions ***

More news as I get it......