View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomber View Post
I have 28 years and its not getting any easier!!

This wing rule seems to be very unclear, I think wings should be available for everyone to use however a restriction should be put on size and location.
Will let you know in 17yrs whether it paid off!

I don't want to see the class smothered with rules, especially ones that are minor and have more of a placebo effect than give you a few seconds a lap advantage... with the rules any of us could put a 4.5T motor in a 2WD and gain more time on the straight bits if the truck doesn't become a plane!

There was some bitching in the pits last year about the 2WD championship leader using a prototype car and tyres and of course the highly effective rear wing not being fair... it was all rubbish, he won enough points for the championship because he was the best driver on the day, end of... in the same way Richard Lowe did it in 2011 with his illegal prototype thumbs!

I agree with rule for tyres having to be commercially available, they can make a big difference in times (if the truck stays on them for 6 minutes!)

The problem with rules is policing them, homologation lists needed to back them up and drivers being put off by not being able to use existing kit or having to buy new stuff to comply.