Thread: new amb system
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
Hello Everybody

This is my first post on this site following my re-introduction to rc racing.
My sons and I visited our local track towards the end of last season, which is about 25 mile from where we live.
Now , my boys had'nt seen this other than clips I'd shown them on youtube and they were very excited.
Doubtless to say they had gotten the bug and we spent a few weeks sourcing a couple of good second hand B4's, some radio gear and several sets of batteries and a charger.

Everything is great.

So we head of to an early season meet and get all set up and head up to race control, where we were promptly informed that if we wanted to race ( and have our laps counted ) we would have to have a personal transponder, because the club was not using handouts like it did last year.

Thats ok, I thought I'll get a couple....then I was informed how much they are......holy **** you are joking .

can I buy just 1?
no you gotta have 1 each
thats another £200 +
My cars didnt cost that.

The guys at the club were most apologetic, but said thats the way its going now and most members had the transponders ,and they were quite concerned that hey would have to replace them too for some of the meets they attend through the season.
I phoned our next nearest club (53 miles) and they basically said the same thing.

To cut a long story short, we are going to delay participating in any club racing because of the pt cost.

I cant justify spending the money on something that might be obsolete this time next because they will bring out an even better system again.

Its just sad that people seem to think that just because something is new and costs alot its better.

Cheers
I rest my case, this is just the thing that would happen with my club.the only thing I would say is all AMB system receive all AMB transponders, so you can go second hand, but with the recent news you can buy an MRT paper weight, or a second hand AMB, that is now commanding twice the price it did a month ago

Also, as long as the harry stays available we should boycott the percy, but I fear in the world of business and money it will make sense for them to stop producing the harry(if they have not already, and just clearing stock), thus in time making the percy the only choice, thus RC4 upgrade will be a must for clubs

www.norfolkbuggyclub.moonfruit.com

kyosho optima,Bosscat,Boomerang,,RB5 Vega,RB7,,RC12 5.2, TLR22-4,MP9,HB807T
Flask of tea & a rollup
Anglia model centre & CT Models
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28117