Thread: Sunday 28th
View Single Post
Old 30-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Elworthy View Post
I also tried both minispikes and minipins and settled on pins in the end. The minispike tyres give a little more traction on the slippery floor but just don't hook up to the carpet very well at all, essentially making the entire track feel slippery.
I went to minipins on the rear of my TM2v2 with yellow cut staggers up front (pins on the front would be suicide with a forward motor car like mine!) and as john says I was able to make up a lot of time through the carpet section despite having to be a touch more careful on the slippy.

Another point is that minipins do tend to improve when they bed in and definitely felt that was the case with mine. Also don't be afraid to give yellow cut staggers a go indoors. Provided they are in a relatively new state they will give you the steering you need on a mid motor car along with being far more predictable to drive than pins on the front.

Just my thoughts,

Chris
hey chris - I noticed with the bury lads that cut staggers are used there and have always intended to try my yellow cut staggers indoors but never have done on my bmax2 mid motor car so will have to give them a whirl as well and see how they go for sure - I do have a tendency to go with other peoples suggestions which are great but I think I need to try things for myself as well as my driving style may suit a different tyre to what others use??