View Single Post
Old 17-11-2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango View Post
Actually the B2 is more rare than an original RC10. The B3 is still a very fast car. I'm also racing one

I only see B3's on your pix... Associated released once a B2 to B3 conversion kit. So maybe one of them has been converted if there are some B2 parts on it (or spares).

Just rebuild the B2 correctly if you want a real B2. B2 has a lot of different parts, comparing to the B3: with right suspension parts on front and rear (arms, hubs...), front shock tower, rear shock tower, ball cups, slipper hubs, rear chassis plate (narrow), shocks with alloy caps., shock adjusters...Even the body was different.

B2 and B3 chassis are identical. Your chassis was modified by the previous owner. There was never a slotted chassis on the market. It's kinda "racer tip" to reduce weight and center of gravity using 6cell battery packs.

Rear NARROW aluminium chassis plate is very rare. Same story for the front top plate, WITHOUT holes for anti roll bar. Both parts are, in my opinion, a MUST HAVE on a nice B2 shelfer

Concerning wheels: B4 fronts will fit. Not the rears, they have a different offset. ReRe RC10 rear wheels won't fit too, as they are B4 wheels...

I'm also going to restore a B2 Let me know if you have a nice spare battery strap (standard length) for B3/B2 looking for one...

Thanks for the pics if the differences, they really help.
You are right, although there is b2 parts on it, there are also some b3 parts...
The chassis looks way to neat a jot to be home cut, I suppose it could of been machined?
Also the shock tower in the background is a b3 one, the one on the front is narrower and taller?
Also, any pics of the front and rear plates?

Last edited by charlesk; 17-11-2015 at 09:04 PM.