View Single Post
Old 22-01-2016
Mad Member

The Absima radio you have selected is easy to use and reliable - my son has one and it causes no problems...
but, if you can spend a little more and get the Absima CR3P radio, it has much more programmable options. I used one for 18months and found it to be brilliant. Easy to use, expo adjustment which alters the sensitivity of the responses (in simple terms), end point adjustment, servo reversing etc.
You may think you don't need those things, but once I found what they did then they all made my car much more drivable.

However, does the 2 channel Absima work well? Yes it does. Is the 3 channel model better? Yes it is :-)

PS - the foam grip on the wheel does perish over time so be aware that you may need to replace or wrap some tape around it (if that bothers you)

Just looked and the CR3P is only £10 more so use the money you save on the kit and batteries (from other advice above) and get a slightly better radio.

FYI, I recently switched to a 10 * more expensive Sanwa (as my wife wanted to buy me a birthday present), but between you and me, I can barely tell the difference. Also the sanwa receivers are ~£50-60 a pop, while the absima ones are <£10.
I'm sure there will be those who are of a standard to notice the nano seconds of faster response etc, but not me

Yokomo YZ-2

No 4WD because nothing lives up to my original Optima. Until now maybe?...

Last edited by Ashlandchris; 22-01-2016 at 11:27 AM.