Thread: Yokomo YZ-4
View Single Post
Old 19-09-2016
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyD99 View Post

Answer to my own question, the new body is a soon to be released collaborative effort between LMR and MR33. It looks good!
That's what I heard!

Back from the dirt track, and I had lots of fun! I used Lee's Euros set-up as a basis, but was too lazy to refill my rear diff and check shock oils as it was a just for fun race on a tight track with a 17.5 turn motor. After moving the rear shocks one hole to the inside on the shock tower, I was as happy with the car as the goose bumps and empty rear diff permitted, and my average lap times were not too far off from most of the modified racers except the really fast guys. In the two qualifiers I attended I had some nice dogfights with an RC10 WC, but as the track dried up, the YZ's 4WD drive train proved its worth and the car (not me) took three easy wins against my various 2WD contenders despite being on the wrong tyres. The Trinity Revtech 24K 17.5 was not too slow at all. Considering the size of the track and lack of traction, 8.5 to 10.5 turns would be plenty for an average driver like me , I guess.
If you happen to have an old-school dirt track nearby, give it a chance!

Last edited by mes; 19-09-2016 at 02:41 PM.