View Single Post
Old 20-07-2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peakey View Post
I ran staggers on my Xls The other year and again so much grip that's why I'm trying blocks, you want yellow compond for the dry and if you want greens or blue for the wet but if it's wet it's fun to slide them around
The wide 4wd cut staggers in yellow compound were perfect on the front of my ProCat last year (& the year before that) - you do have to use foam inserts in them, which you don't use with the narrow 2wd Staggers. With matching Yellow compound Minispike tyres on the rear. I shall continue with the wide staggers on the front of my ZXR - but will probably use up some Mini Dart tyres for the rear, that I had been using throughout this year's regional series. The Mini Darts seem to be a slightly better tyre for Astroturf over the Minispike, but people were trying Minispikes at the Mid East Regional at A1 as the track got more sandy & they were providing very similar levels of grip/lap times.

Its only the rear tyre that you need to really worry about if it rains - green compound Ballistic Buggy's minispikes seem to be the go-to tyre in the wet - green compound minispikes from Schumacher are OK but not quite as good as the Ballistic Buggy tyres.

Justin - if you were getting grip-roll last year then I suggest that was more to do with car setup? You will probably find that you will end up trimming the outer row of blocks off your front tyres... if its dry?
+ too many vintage racers to list!