View Single Post
Old 24-08-2017

Mine arrived today. Took 5,5 hours to build it. There were two issues. One was that the bag for step 16 included a wheel hub instead of the diff hub. The wheel hub is longer. One picture shows the longer one next to a normal diff hub. Luckily I had a spare one from the old days. Anyone else encounter this? Also, the front diff bolt was shattered in the end. I wonder what happened there. Probably hardened while rolling the threads. I contacted Schumacher about these things in case it's not an isolated incidence.

I did not install the rear gearbox housing early on as the instructions call for. The shorty battery mounts interfer with some screws on the gearbox housing, so I left it hanging loose until the front side plate scrws were in place.

Step 19 was not a problem. I just inserted one screw at a time, fitting it through the parts.

Step 22 is installing the rear A-arm pivot blocks. The instructions say you should insert screws into holes that are already occupied by shorter screws. This can be confusing to builders who aren't sure how it's supposed to go together. The shorter screws have to be removed first if they were installed according to the instructions.

Will probably paint it tonight or tomorrow. I'm not sure if I should go for box art or a flaming variation of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN1358.JPG (454.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1359.JPG (470.5 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1362.JPG (423.4 KB, 55 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1363.JPG (659.0 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1364.JPG (567.2 KB, 49 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN1360.JPG (806.1 KB, 50 views)

Last edited by tahustvedt; 24-08-2017 at 06:17 PM.