View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honrico Diablo View Post
I think its funny how people flock like sheep to buy the last car that won the worlds or what ever. So if a car doesn't win the worlds this year its suddenly shite?

So they are having a bad spell for parts back up.... Wasn't that long ago Associated were a US only brand and everything had to shipped. Didn't stop folk buying them.

Durango have been very good the their customers by releasing updated models that are fully compatible with the old. Other manufactures make you buy a new car, not a great business plan, but for me deserves loyalty. Because of this I have enough spares to keep me going for year or two.

I'll sticking with them through this bad patch, as I know my 410v4 is more than capable, even with me driving it.

Stop scare mongering, dumb opinions made by tosspots will end killing off a another RC brand that did us proud for years. Who's your next victim XRAY?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Doughty View Post
I was posting here to provide a bit of an insight about the new car, and the development process. I thought people might appreciate that kind of information.

The conversation seems to have diverted towards spares supply which I do not deal with and therefore can not offer any answers to questions on that subject.
I work in R&D, I coordinate the projects and get them ready for production.

With regard to statements, I thought it was pretty clear with the statement that was released towards the end of last year.
http://www.team-durango.com/blog/201...ture-with-you/
This statement seems to have been slightly missunderstood by a lot of people skim reading or by word of mouth hearsay.
This statement is still true, its still our philosophy and still being worked on.

If its read properly the only real change to our race program was that we would no longer employ professional drivers and send them all over the world buying wins and titles.

We still intend to have A-team racers, B-team racers, well supported customer/club racers. this is starting to gain momentum with our 8th scale cars at the moment.
We will start to focus on 10th scale team as the cars get closer to release.

I'm sure we can backwards and forwards all day long about this. but I'm pretty sure none of the people involved with the backwards and forwards debate on the spare parts situation know the full story behind it. I certainly don't.
And again

Schumacher F1..The original KF.
TLR 5.0 AC .. FORSALE