Thread: 2wd or 4wd?
View Single Post
Old 15-12-2010

Send a message via MSN to colmo Send a message via Skype™ to colmo

You can always hedge your bets and try a 2nd hand B4 first - they're ubiquitous and you'll get most of your money back if/when you move on to another car, as indeed I am now.

(The fact I'm flogging my B4 has nothing to do with this...honest!)

The most desirable car right now has to be the Losi 22, but if you're running in mixed heats, a 4wd seems preferable, and there's a lot of choice, with DEX410R and B44.1 leading the pack. For more budget rides, you've got the X4/TC04, stock Bmax4, Cyber 10B, Tamiya DB01R or a used B44.

A note about plastic tub chassis; they do tend to perform well on polished wood - the Durga (DB01) has immense grip at my first off-road club on polished wood out of the box. It's maybe not as precise as a more high-spec model, but is forgiving and easy to setup (ie. you really don't have to) for inexperienced drivers. The uprated R version solves the problem of the tendancy to fall apart in the last minute, as the Durgas tend to do!

Photos:
Oople Invernational 2010 - Sodden Sunday
Muchmore N. Irish GP 2010 (Touring cars)
BADMCC 1/8th Nitro buggies

Current cars:
X6^2 | JC BJ4WE | TM E4 & E4JS | HPI E-Firestorm | Losi Crawler | + many F1s, super crawlers, scalers, drifters in the works...