View Single Post
Old 11-02-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormyyyy View Post
Read the website, interesting concept. Few questions and comments.

Whats the difference between pro and basic transponders?

At a race meeting do all the competitors have to connect to the same wifi device?

On the cloud side will clubs be able create an account to save competitors info so they do not have to manually populate name and i.d. every meeting?

I can see this being a 2nd system for outdoor tracks to allow people to practice whenever they like without a club official being there to open up race control.
Your pricing/subscription model, As I don't think this will ever take off as a race day system I would look at a price for the transponder and then a monthly subscription to the app as people will only want to practice when the weather is good i.e. summer in most countries.

Right, you grasped it quite accurately.

The difference between the basic, and the pro is the capability, to register split ( or sector) times. The pro can register up to 9 sector times, the basic can only register full lap times.

Yes, at larger meetings, everyone connects to the same Wifi, and every transponder's time will be registered on that one device.
Take a look at the Web app's link: https://webapp.cloudlaps.com/sessions

If you click on a session, there you can see the individual racers' results, like below:

https://webapp.cloudlaps.com/session...39580015ea02be

If you start a session, and name it properly, then it can be searched back by anyone, and can be found quite easily. I hope this helped .
Yes, we also think, that this could be an ideal auxiliary system, that everyone can use besides the main lap timing system.

The population of the racers data currently the fastest is if you clone your previous session, and then populate the racers one by one. This manual population's automation is under development, you can expect this release mid summer.

Last edited by mikeylama; 11-02-2020 at 04:53 PM.