View Single Post
Old 20-08-2021

The air shocks do work ! When it arrived they were gummed up inside and not really working at all but they are not totally sealed , they have a grub screw that you can adjust the air bleed damping with so I removed the grub screw and fed 10w shock oil in then flushed it out , it was totally black filth that bled out ! so I repeated untill it was just grey filth then virtually clear now they work very smoothly . You can't adjust the spring but you can the damping , it's a fully sealed piston inside and it pumps air through a bleed hole as mentioned above , by adjusting the grub screw you can let more or less air flow through the bleed hole for more or less damping , I think people replaced them because of the lack of spring adjustment but I'm keeping them !
The whole car was kind of like the shocks when it arrived , polished on the outside but unserviceable under the skin the diffs were like gravel, every linkage on the steering was about to drop off and a lot of it was assembled wrong ! It was a good price and it's only cost some diff balls ,lube , a few screws and nuts to set straight , now she's up and running

Last edited by Dadio; 20-08-2021 at 10:02 AM.