View Single Post
Old 20-04-2021
Mad Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by welshjames View Post
I think regarding the law of the land whilst the law states masks do not need to be worn at certain distances outdoors it doesnt matter to an RC event.

An RC event is a private event held by clubs thus they can mandate masks as condition of entry, thus the UK law will not overturn this as it is a privately run event, its the same as asking for BRCA membership club can ask for it.

It's comparable to when I worked on night club doors, we had no trainers policy and no under 18s policy. The law could mandate the age restriction but nothing to do with the trainers its a condition of entry.
We then upped the entry age to 21 from 18 to try and kerb some trouble makers, again the law was more relaxed than our rules but it was a private venue and up to management.

I am not sure shouting and bawling at ministers or the BRCA will solve it, I cannot see the law interjecting to change any minds (aside from MSUK mandating these rules anyway).

It sucks that you cant bring the kid racing without a mask as everyone should be able to race, but blanketing everyone as brainwashed is not true, none of us like this aggro and hassle but its where we are for now.
Afraid its for the greater good at the moment and I dont think the BRCA are victimising or turning anyone away they are following rules passed down from their governing body to allow events to happen.
At the advice of the brca I realize they have there hands tied behind there backs and I retract and apologize to all members concerned it was I silly argument which got out totally out of hand