View Single Post
Old 28-09-2015

Some interesting stuff......

My two pence worth

Series/points,
Leave it alone. If it isn't broke, why are we trying to fix it? There are more important things to worry about. People who want points will do 7 rounds. There are also enough rounds for everyone to make the ones they can around 'life' commitments and still score enough to count. Weather will also play it's hand at some point. More rounds = an opportunity to be able to drop a round without everyone kicking off about it. Good news if you ask me.

Trophies,
Plaque - £15 on eBay
Plate thingys - pence
Small trophy - £3 (for each final winner at the end of the season)

It doesn't have to be very much. Bragging rights are everything. A plaque would mean more want their name on it (I would)
I am 100% behind this happening.
People have something to win/aim for. A championship is great to win, but a trophy you can wave in your mates face is priceless I would wave a trophy in Dr.Pauls face for decades, given the chance.
If you have sooooooo many trophies that yet another one would just get thrown out of the car window on the way home, was it worth attending the series anyway?? I think that's just a sad thing to happen to someone. A head so big, a mere club championship win is meaningless. Great example to set for the guys starting out and just how the hobby/sport should be advertised.

Raffle,
Great idea! It works at oOple, but get's a lot of support from sponsors. Sadly, we don't have any sponsors as a club..... Maybe food for thought there. It's not like we don't have advertising space around the tracks....

I have more, but I think here is a great place to stop.

CML - Team Associated - Reedy - Savox - Nuclear RC - Schumacher Racing

CML UK Team Driver - Team Associated B6.1 - T6.1 - B64 - B6
A State Of RC podcast presenter
www.astateofrc.com
[url]https://www.facebook.com/groups/483687655122491/[url]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWQ..._as=subscriber