Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 25-12-2012

Just dummying up bits for my projects and hit a problem I am hoping is common and easy to solve.
I am going to be using LA245 driveshafts but I find when I assemble them onto the knuckles along with the vzw010 drive washers there is quite a bit of space between the drive washer and the bearing. I imagine I need to use shims or spacers, which side do they need to go on, between the driveshaft and the inner bearing or between the outer bearing and the drive washer? I have also considered using a flanged washer to help make up some of the gap, would this cause any issues?

OK I also have a second issue, I have a spare pair of steering knuckles which are vintage Andy's however they dont have the lip that sits between the two bearings meaning that you can push a bearing right through, obviously they would never have been useable like that, I can't find any info on line for how they were intended to be used, would they have been designed for flanged bearings on either side? It has me stumped. I want to at least use them on a shelfer if not on a runner as I actually have two pairs of them

Merry Christmas to you all