View Single Post
Old 29-04-2008

My brain only tends to work with numbers, so I have been doing some googling to find numbers to help out. Please stick with me, as I try to explain my maths with good English.

I certainly seems possible, and people are doing things (oxyhyrdogen from water using electrolysis), but they are far from ideal systems yet. It seems some people have been getting around 1.5 litres a minute, at around 22 amps. That's roughly 300 watts, a bit load for the car system.

To give you an idea, petrols energy density is 35 megajoules/litre, and this HHO will be 0.01079 megajoules/litre. Applying this to the system, you can get 1.5 litres in a minute, so that's 90 litres in an hour, so you can generate 0.97 megajoules of energy with this over an hour. That's the equivalent of 0.0277 litres of petrol, so basically over an hour of running your car you will save 0.0277 litres of petrol, or 3 pence.

And that's not the worst of it. Remember the 300 watt draw it takes to make this stuff, over an hour that's 1.08 megajoules. So you are using 1.08 megajoules of energy to make 0.97 megajoules of power.

Ignoring the the maths, the basic summary is:

• The system uses more energy then it creates
  • It will only save roughly 3 pence an hour.....
  • ...and that's only if it doesn't blow a tonne of fuses....
  • ... or run the battery flat

p.s. before I even done the maths, whilst hunting for figures, I came across a tonne of places that said this was a scam. I never take things at face value, hence had to do the stuff myself, but this is one of the clearest sites http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water-fuelled_car

p.s.s. I am not saying this is a scam personally, I'm just saying in my opinion it's improbable that is will generate the fuel savings. It says it could save 60%, but anything possible. I could go to bed with Megan Fox tonight, but that doesn't make it realistic or probable. If something seems too good to be true, it nearly always is.