Thread: SCT Future
View Single Post
Old 15-09-2015

I think the problem, at least from what I have seen is you don't know what you want the racing to be like.

A lot has been said about the fun and relaxed racing. Well from the two races I have been at it has been nothing like that with more drama and infighting than I have ever seen at a buggy race from club all the way up to national.

I am not a buggy A finalist by any means except at club level but have raced at regional and National buggy races and know how to get round the track and avoid collisions on a race track. Except it would appear at an SCT race, in all the 6 finals I have been in every single one I have ended up last by the second corner due to take outs by a ridiculously bunched up grid and the bumper car nature of racing. I am sure it is me being cautious or something as I don't like hitting other cars/trucks but it is really getting me down. I enjoyed the qualifying and did around what I would expect to do but left both race events with a really negative feeling about the racing.

If you want competitive racing then folks need to treat it as such with refs not just for the A final and penalties for takeouts or at least a change of style.

I race SCT at a local track for fun with no prizes or championships and the way I feel currently I think that is where I will limit it to and leave the proper racing to buggies.