View Single Post
Old 19-09-2017

I too have gone to the AE from Tamiya - although I still have the 511 and 503 "operational" and still love running them at fun days, but for competition, they just don't have the edge now.

I have found the B64 and B6 though tough to run on grass tracks. The inside of the rear wheels run very close to the kit hubs on both. Means any loose grass builds up inside the wheel - had really bad issues on some club tracks where lack of manpower means compromising the amount of attention to small things like any grass cutting left on the ground. I've never had a car "collect" grass as efficiently as the new AE cars. And I've tried a few different wheels - AE, Losi, Schumacher, even Absima wheels. All the same.

I didn't want to lower the outer mount point for the top links, as it would mean same on the inside and having to compromise/establish the correct settings, as well as having to take a dremel to the top of the kit hubs. But I will, if I must...
...the cars are brilliant on many surfaces and really excited about the winter season as well as next year's local regionals.

To resolve, I've recently purchased the alloy hubs and ball studs, and hoping this gives the clearance to clear out any grass. Failing that, I may have to revert back to the Tamiya...