View Single Post
Old 18-10-2013

I actually think control tyres is the best rule that has come out in ages! If you stop and think about it 6 years ago my tyre box was massive full of wonderful array of tyres, now I only have really two types mainly (for the driven axel), this saves me money, time gluing, space and brings the competition closer.

I also agree with Mike above its the BRCA/Club that nominates tyres not the tyre manufacture. I actually think tyres should be limited to one compound and quantity per event, the same as most other motor sports. I think this will help level the competition even more and make for closer racing. It will also make people think that running a stupidly fast motor or driving balls out is necessary the best way to drive a track.

If these rules where brought in or thought about the BRCA could purchase one of bulk tyres order from a manufacture or shop, then this could be sold to the racer at a much better discount price (I actually think that the supplier could do all the distribution if they wanted the business). If the BRCA put a small mark-up on the purchase then this money could be put back into the sport/hobby.

just my 50p worth.