View Single Post
Old 19-10-2013
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Whilst this is for nationals only and need not apply at regional level or club it is wrong to assume that they don't tend to follow the lead of nationals. Most astro clubs in the UK don't actually have an official control tyre for club meets, but overwhelming majority run yellow minispikes exclusively in the dry.

Personally I'd say the optimum solution is to offer a limited selection as is currently the case for the rear.
Controlling compound is tricky unless it is possible to convince Schumacher/Ballistic to make the 'approved' tyre with the compound marked on the sidewall - but there are obvious cost implications there. As long a compound is marked with a paint blob its too hard to police.

I'd say rear as is, 4wd front Schu/Ballistic minispikes in the same compounds and 2wd front Staggers/Cuts/Spikes. I'd have preferred just 2 2wd front options but since in theory anyone who buys staggers could make their own cuts thats a bit pointless. But lets stick to one profile though.

That offers a good range of options for tuning for different cars without requiring a massive selection.

Yz4 - Yz2
DEX210 - Cobra 4210- DEX410
RC10 Team - Manta Ray -
RC10T
Mini Trophy - Blizzard - Wheely King
Tz4 - GT24B

BMRCC
Emergency back-up race controller
(but only if nobody better is available)