Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019
Spends too long on oOple ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubiquitous View Post
Thanks for the tip about the belt setup Welshy.

I am getting my 3D prints done on Shapeways at the moment. I am very pleased to see that you are interested in my belt tensioner design.
Below is the second revision of the design that I mounted on my buggy project. You will see that the bearings are now on the servo side (not on the battery side anymore), which gives more possibilities to adjust the lipo position.

I can share the design so you can review it and can get it printed on Shapeways if you are interested. It costs about 10 USD + delivery costs.

Cheers!

Ubi

OK now that's basically what I thought when I did mine, will post pics later when I get five minutes.

Yes please, would be nice to test it, think it resolves a big issue and may say more simpler than my tensioner bolted to my Lipo tray.

I also have already designed and tested my tray but you may want to tweak your design a bit on the Lipo brace as would be a good idea to be able to move the Lipo up and down the chassis as a weight as that's how I've been using it or is that what those screw holes are being used for and if so think you've nailed the design perfectly.
Answer UK team driver
Designer of the Lazer ZX/ZXR carbon fibre tub chassis
Designer of the Lazer ZXRS