Thread: Lazer zxr
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRob View Post
Ta, that was my basic paintjob I used around 15 years. It looks good because I didn't paint it
I can't be certain but I think the shell is an old Racecraft one, not something I'd picked up new unfortunately. I will be getting a gear cover to be able to get my more modern colours painted. But the simplicity of the all in one shell is so much better IMO.

Got the chance to run the car today at the Dudley winter series and it lived up to expectations. Once I'd got a balance with the tyres I could push it quite hard (although still not to modern levels by a fair bit) and it handled it very well with a 7.5t motor (geared 23t/93t).
Thanks for the info on belts but I won't be driving it on EOS carpet so that will take a fair bit of the strain out, I'll modulate it with my thumb
I just received my shaft and only have 90T spurs at the moment. I'm running a 10.5T and the smallest pinion that will reach the spur is a 28T. I'm surprised even with a 93T spur, that the 23T Pinion will mesh. I need to find some bigger spurs asap!!