View Single Post
Old 21-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Default BMW Mini Cooper Detail (Lots of pics)!

BMW Mini Cooper 2006
The car was dropped off on Friday night so i could get started early this morning, i got out there at 8:15am and started with a quick pre-spray of G101 to help breakdown any wax that was on the paintwork.

While this was left to dwell i got the pressure washer all set-up and the foam lance ready before covering the car in foam:

I scrubbed the badges, grills, vents with some G101 and a detailing brush, and then rinsed the car down.

Next step was to clean the wheels using some Very Cherry (non acid) and a few brushes, i worked on one wheel at a time and after doing the wheel set about scrubbing the arches with some G101 and another brush.

I then washed the car using 2 buckets with an Adam's wash pad and some Zymol shampoo.

It was then rinsed down once more, and i de-tarred using Tardis working on a panel at a time with a used MF Cloth, leaving it to dwell for a couple of minutes before wiping with the cloth, then thoroughly rinsing.

After the whole car was De-tarred i decided to try IronX for the first time having bought some from CleanYourCar earlier in the week. I poured some into a new AS Spray bottle and started out on one of the wheels, spraying it with the IronX and waiting patiently to see what it could do.

Here's the results
After around 30 seconds you can see it starting to work

Left a bit longer it was showing more and more purple streaks, working in a similar way to how Tardis melts Tar only this is disolving metal particles that you can't even see!

After a couple of minutes i gave them a quick scrub with a brush to see if it made much difference and it surprised me how much more it was managing to find!