View Single Post
Old 21-02-2011
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

To start with i set out with some 3M Extrafine on a yellow pad but there were a few bad scratches on the bonnet so i used a Yellow 3M pad but upped the polish to Fast cut plus which seemed to get rid of most.

I then refined using ExtraFine and then finally down to UltraFina with a new Blue pad.

Some 50/50 shots during machine polishing

The rest of the car was pretty good so i just used Extrafine with the Yellow pad and this gave really nice results. Once finished i wiped down the whole car with some IPA to remove all polish dust, and then removed all the blue tape.

Next step was to try another new product which was Poorboys Black Hole using a new 3M Blue Pad i did the whole car with this and it was awesome, really easy to work and you could see the shine developing right there and then, it only took a slight buffing to get rid of any excess but most of it was worked into the paint which lept things easy.

For the final few stages, i went with a nice coating of Zaino Z2 sealant and left it around 25 mins to cure before buffing off.

Next i used Dodo Juice Purple Haze to put a nice wax layer on top of the Sealant, while the wax was curing i cleaned the Exhaust using some #00 Gauge wirewool with some Autosol metal polish and then buffed up using a MF cloth.

Tyres were then dressed with Meg's Endurance Gel and the Wax buffed off.

Windows were then cleaned with some AS 20/20 Cristal view and a glass cloth.

Plastics were treated with Aerospace 303 protectant

The car was all but done now, last thing was a quick Zaino Z8 wipedown which left the car looking pretty good in my opinion ;-)

Thanks for reading, see pics below