Thread: Standards
View Single Post
Old 16-08-2015
Mad Member

Unfortunately, its not uncommon to find the A Finalists to be shite at marshaling. It is almost like they think they've done their "time" and marshaling is below them, that said, I hasten to add I'm not taring everyone with the same brush, but, that IS how it comes across. I am just a simple club racer who has gone further a field on the odd occasion.

Again, it is also not uncommon to find some A Finalists shouting from the rostrum if a marshal happens to be a little slow, even through no fault of their own, and it isn't usually a gentle reminder either, quickly followed a berating comment from said driver about shit marshaling. Pots and kettles.

It doesn't look good to the newcomer I admit but, and I'm not making excuses, far from it, but it's highly competitive, tensions can run high, there are some egos out there and that, I'm afraid, It is how it is.

As for the referee, I've never been a driver in a race that requires one, but I've had a grilling from one, I missed a car because I was looking at a more accident prone part of the track at the time. His military attitude left me thinking he was just a bit of a prick, no respect for the bloke whatsoever.

You'll find that these people have been BRCA officials since it started and although it's all voluntary, they think they're army officials, not keeping an eye on a toy car race.

On your other observation, the lower Finals don't matter a toss at meetings that require a Ref.
SWorkz S12-2

Instagram: crazylthirteen
Blogger: http://the-croucher.blogspot.co.uk/