View Single Post
Old 24-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian6985 View Post
PS The Mardave caterhams do look fantastic
I couldn't agree more

Thanks for the comments Ian.

Interestingly some of the feedback we got from the Bromham Show when people equired was the price for racing. Of course any hobby can be expensive as any parent will know!!

My gut reaction is to try out Mardaves first. The mini stock chassis is so simple you really can't go wrong with it and there are some nice variations on bodyshells - Renault Clio, Peugeot 205, BMW MINI to name a few.

Chatting with Chris on Friday there is of course the cell v lipo debate... Chris made an interesting point for and against lipo, I would simply suggest that the club restrict the power of the lipo but insure that the speedo being run with the kit std tin can motor is compatible with lipo's.

I've been converted to lipo now and to go back to cells for me seems a backward step. All in all, I think we can keep the costs even lower than the £250 you mention for Tamiya Mini's which is great news for those of us who fancy having some cheap fun and also for those who'd like to start racing as cheap as possible.

Russell will be able to stock Mardave's so the club has a very local resource to spares and kits which is great news

Another topic for our clubs committee to thrash out I guess as to what way we might go...