View Single Post
Old 27-01-2016

I haven't tried a B Max 4 III but have run a B44.3 for a little over a year now. I haven't had an issue with the front wishbones but did put the RPM arms on as a precaution. The best thing I did to the car was install the B5M HD ball studs and ball cups. If you have a look on the RCTech forum you will see on the first page of the B44.3 thread a list of all the part numbers etc that you need to do this so that is something to consider. If you carry out this modification you need to tap the holes as the B5 cars are metric - I think it's a 2mm tap and you can get one and a dye off eBay for about £3 that will get the job done if you don't have one already. The extra tools you need if you don't already have them due to the car being imperial are, off the top of my head, a .63, .78 and .93 hexdriver. You may also want to consider a 12mm hex conversion which AE do. I don't think there's really anything else that you 'need' - I also have the alloy front and rear shock tower mounts which make the car noticeably more sturdy but I ran it for a year without these and it was fine.

Hope this helps you a bit,
Thanks,
Martin