Thread: LRP ESC's?
View Single Post
Old 22-10-2010

I have a SXX TC and a Sphere TC. The SXX TC works well but the Sphere TC had a failure and it seems they need weeks to get the esc replaced. I always raced LRP stuff when i had brushed motors and speedos but since there is brushless i noticed that quality seems not to be as it was with the brushed stuff as i had also had 2 Vector X12 motors that had problems. I always checked temp. and correct gear ratio but they these problems had nothing to do with it. LRP changed the motors for free but it always took more than 2 weeks.
Donīt get me wrong, i read A LOT about good experiences with LRP/ Nosram stuff. Maybe itīs just bad luck but since i have spend so much money on these electronics and had 3 broken items i am not trying a sensorless Mamba Max combo for 2 reason:
1) my mate ran it the whole season without ANY problems on the same track where i race
2) it is much cheaper than the LRP SPhere TC esc alone. (Sphere TC is about 180 Euro, the complete Mamba Max Pro Combo Motor and esc is about 140 Euro).
If the Mamba Max wonīt be up to my expectations i will try something else but for now i am done with the LRP stuff...