Thread: B5m vs C4.2
View Single Post
Old 29-09-2014
*SuPeRsTaR mEmBeR*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aire valley View Post
That is, of course, an entirely unbiased view.....from an Hpi sponsored driver.
Unbiased in respect to C4.2 vs B5M yes, I can run what I want while I wait for the D215 - I'm sticking with my Centro for 'normal' tracks and B44/B4 hybrid for velcro racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDG 40 View Post
Rich im interested in what you thought was different and why you prefer the c4.2 etc. is it a track condition thing or general handling etc.

Thanks
It's a strange one to describe but the Centro just feels really balanced and sorted to me. It rides bumps nicely, carries good corner speed on fast corners yet still has the agility to turn on the spot when you yank the handbrake and doesn't seem to scrub speed when you do. It's taken all this years national season to get to the point with my hybrid where I'm not thinking in the back of my mind "I'd still be faster with my Centro".

The B5's I've driven felt really inconsistent, the back end is a bit... weird sometimes. Watching them go round at nationals this year none have looked all that great, they always look like they're on a knife edge and wanting to throw themselves off the track. That might be a case of not finding 'the' setup just yet or possibly just struggling to keep up with the cheaty cars or both, we'll have a better idea when people are more experienced with them

Last edited by Richard Lowe; 29-09-2014 at 10:20 PM.