Thread: BRCA web-site
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2012
Mad Member

As Jim says, this is a voluntary organisation, and that means we all have to contribute voluntarily. I have little sympathy with anyone who adopts the "I'm a victim" mentality, and isn't proactive in chasing down what they need by asking someone to help - take responsibility and ask until the job is done. This is not a paid service, it is a way that helps volunteers spend less of their unpaid time keeping the BRCA running so we can race.

What comes shining through here is that when people have their log-on sorted the system works well. I've entered two years-worth of Nationals using the booking system and it hasn't missed a beat. Did the membership by paper this year because The Boss handed out forms at the National so we all got signed up and didn't forget to renew. Next year on line.

Mark does have a point about layouts in the various Sections, but a little bird tells me that the Exec has given some *cough* encouragement to the Sections to improve. Hope that fixes it!

If you have a problem, please make the effort to chase it down and have it solved. Once all your details (which are your responsibility) are correct, it all works fine and helps our volunteers spend more time with their families and racing, and less with antiquated, time-consuming processes. Thanks.